Leading research into what makes a top quality childcare tells us that highly motivated and qualified staff having quality interactions with the children they care for is key. At Peninsula Kids we maintain a higher than required teacher to child ratio to ensure this is possible. We will encourage and ensure allocated teachers develop relationships with the same children so trusting and meaningful relationships are developed.
Our teachers attend ongoing professional development to ensure they are up to date with the latest research in early childhood. Talk to our teachers and they can tell you about learning and development of children under 5.
All children develop differently. We will watch to ensure we understand your child as an individual, and then prepare a plan to extend and encourage your child to achieve milestones in line with the curriculum. Our teachers will integrate care and nurture of your child with teaching and learning, ensuring your child develops and reaches their potential.
Our teachers and programmes integrate holistic learning opportunities that develop children's cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
Childcare Quality Indicators
Below are some indicators of quality childcare – when choosing child care for your child you should be sure to ask,
- What kind of training and education do the teachers have?
- Are the teachers and children engaged in conversation?
- Can teachers tell you not only what they are doing, but why?
- Does the programme use a curriculum to guide learning?
- Does the programme welcome and involve families?
- Does the environment provide opportunities for different activities (reading, art, dramatic play, writing, outdoor play etc.)?